Wednesday 4 December 2013

Time Flies When...

 Was I missed? Well here is a run-down of my semester:
Coursework. Jobs. My Blogs. That is all.


My classmates and I
This was my semester. I had to make an appointment with myself to breathe! I often forget that I haven't had lunch yet (except on Mondays and Wednesdays!). Looking back, there were so many things that happened in the last 3 months that I was absent from my blog:

1) I was walking down the street and saw a gang of motorcyclists dressed up for Halloween.
2) I went to the store and almost gave the butcher a heart attack by asking for cow skin to make soup (apparently, he thought I meant the leathery part of the skin, not the soft portion under the skin).
3) I met a writer and poet in person... (my skin tingles when I hear deep, meaningful written pieces).
4) School was hard.
Tame Bird... I found it so strange! :)
5) I was insulted countless times about my essays and had to re-write them.
6) I'm now the owner of several wigs for my low-cut natural hair.
7) I learned that Canadian birds are different from Jamaican birds (they are sooooo tame, not scared of anyone).
8) I started having dreams that I was a superhero, only to discover I was only out to save my phone from utter destruction after it fell from my hands and almost smashed to pieces down the stairs (I skillfully caught it before it reached the floor).
9) I was awarded on three occasions for my academic performance (yay, me!).
10) School was hard (in case you missed #4).
11) I witnessed an old lady come in like a "Wrecking Ball" and it ruined my appetite for a few hours. 

Bikers dressed up for Halloween
I met some wonderful people along the way. My classmates were wonderful and only made a difficult class seem more fun with their quirkiness and laughter. I learned the words "Floc" and "Flocculate" and I started a new blog called The Marine Planet. My semester would probably be a year in the life of an average person. But as you all know I'm NOT your average woman! There's always room for adventure and for learning something new. How cool is the word "flocculate" though? 
The time came and went, and I am so happy that I can now pay attention to my awesome audience. 
Some persons have requested that I sum up my semester for them since I haven't written in such a long time, so there you have it. Time surely flies when... you're under stress!! Look out for my Christmas blogs and my usual "Trip to Jamaica" blog. I missed you all and look forward to hearing from you all!


Jodi-Ann is an Environmental Studies major in Nova Scotia, Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment